Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why i hate mondays

The rude blare of the alarm wakes me from my deep slumber. I can hear the pitter-patter of raindrops outside the window-or was I dreaming that I could? I hit the snooze button on the alarm. It blares again, I hit the snooze again.
And then there is another weird noise which wakes me up. The shrill ring of my phone brings me crashing down to earth. I pick up the call.  It is my cabbie telling me that he will be around to pick me up in ‘another 20 minute sharp’. I drag myself out of the bed cursing the day. I hate Mondays.
I have hated them ever since I started going to school. The face of my class teacher looked more formidable on Mondays.  It used to be day when we got the weekly report on the tests. Was this the reason why I started hating the day? I am not sure.
If you thought things have changed, now that I m working, let me tell you they has not. In fact, I feel  it is worse. Monday is when everything has to be redone. When everything feels so hectic and I feel totally confused. Even though, Monday is the start of a weekend for me now, I still hate it.
Like many across the globe, I suffer from Monday morning blues. Despite many sites giving me suggestions how to beat it, I still cannot understand why we cannot just bypass Monday  and go on straight to Tuesday which is way more peaceful.
I trawl the net to cheer myself up. And here is what I found. May be this number from Mamas and Papas could cheer you up. Hum along.

No comments: