Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thank you, Father

Sunday, 20th June is a red-letter day. And I have just realized it is Father’s Day. A day to say thank you to the man who, along with my mother brought me into this world.
I agree with my colleague Tenzin that I don’t need a ‘special’ day to say thank you to my father. He is my support system. To me, he is the coolest, strongest and the purest soul alive in this highly artificial world. He has an answer to all my problems – however serious or trivial they may be.  He is one special person, who has with his cool intellect changed my outlook towards life.
My father was beside me when I took my first step; he was there for me when I had my first heart-break. He was there when I excelled at my studies and when I flunked them. He supported me when I decided to stray off from the ‘normal’ career options of being an engineer or a doctor even though my mother was crestfallen and could never understand why I had to break free.  He is my critic, my best friend, my idol. He means the world to me.
So, today, while people take time off to pamper their dads with costly gifts or a spa treatment, I say a silent prayer, selfish as it may be, that he be there for me, forever. And pray that God keeps him safe and healthy.

No comments: